Sunday, April 13, 2008

Just Kidding..........


Something funny happened the first day we were here. We are staying in the Griffins apartment while they are patiently waiting for their visas to arrive in the U.S. and missing them desperately. So I was on the "U.S. phone" (you can call a US # and it goes through the internet to this phone) talking to my sister and all of sudden I see Chris panicked and running over to me and shoved the phone my way saying, "Dude, it's someone speaking in Spanish for the Summer in the USA, quick you have to talk to them, I don't know what they're saying" so I quickly told my sister to hold on and greeted the caller on the other end in Spanish and then my hello was returned with, "Just Kidding, it's Marshall!". I started laughing hysterically and told Chris it was only Marshall, then he started laughing too and handed the phone back to him. There is something that happens to a person when you answer the phone and the person on the other line is speaking Spanish and you don't know how to communicate. This is just the beginning for Chris as I know that both he and I will continue to feel panicked and make lots of mistakes once we move here whether you know the language or not. The above picture is a re-enactment of Chris's face :-)

Marshall and Emily are this rad couple from SoCal who came to Euskal Herria to teach English at an English academy. They have been great friends to Jenni and Gerald, helped out with Summer in the USA, babysat the Griffin kids to give Jenni and Gerald a "night off" and now friends to us! Shout out to Marsh and Emily- you guys RULE!

4 Comments:

Blogger a day in the life of a davis said...

I love the re-enactment! It is so funny. Glad you guys are having a good time. Praying for you both. Big love...

April 13, 2008 at 5:25 PM

 
Blogger Marshall said...

That Marshall guys sounds like he and I would get along. Marshall P.
Good to see some new post from you guys, glad to hear y'all are doing great. I am heading with Jeff to Biola tomorrow. I have to dig out my sandals and shorts it snow two days ago and today it was in the 50's man I love CO. Sorry rambling

April 13, 2008 at 9:33 PM

 
Blogger the griffin familia said...

I can identify with that more than you know!

April 14, 2008 at 7:30 AM

 
Blogger Ryan Turner said...

Bro, I seriously feel you on the lock up. Whenever the phone rang in the first year overseas I would break into a sweat. I made flash cards and left them near the phone until I memorized them. I just hoped and prayed the person on the other end didn't vary from my scripted dialogue. Whatcha gonna do? The knees shake the first time you drop in on vert.

April 14, 2008 at 9:33 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home