Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Break on Stage

Break on Stage is a creative collaboration that was started by these 3 guys from our friend Joseba's town, Elorrio, one of whom Chris met while we were there. It's a venue for Break Dancers, Beat Boxers, Jump Ropers!, Graffiti Artists, Skaters and BMXers. Since it has become quite a large event, they have moved it to a stadium in Bilbo.

Chris, Jon, his cousin Asier, Marshall, Emily and I made the trip by car, including a metro ride, to the center of Bilbo this past Saturday. It was probably one of the coolest things I have seen. My sister Erin would pretty much be in heaven as she's down with the old school like that! Long Live Run D.M.C.!

People come from all over, mostly greater Europe but some were from Argentina, to perform. It was really cool to go to a public event here because it's different than in the U.S. For example, people leave their stuff in their seats because it is not that common for people to steal here, you can move down to the "floor" and no one gets mad, and you can bring food into the stadium!

The break dancing group who won was from Russia!!!? Hence the "russian push-ups" in the video :-)



This was the first group to perform. Pretty crazy, right?!!!

Emily, Marshall, Jon on the Metro in Bilbo.


Try this at home!

4 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Im so jealous!! I wish so bad I was there with you guys. I miss you like no other!!
L.U.M.U
emw

April 23, 2008 at 5:20 AM

 
Blogger Erin said...

Im so jealous!! I wish I was there with you guys. I miss you like no other!!
L.U.M.U

April 23, 2008 at 5:23 AM

 
Blogger Erin said...

Oh Yeah Hi, I new to this ,so you will be seeing the same comment twice. I know, Im a rookie :0

April 23, 2008 at 5:25 AM

 
Blogger Pat & Marlee said...

Is that Christopher standing on his head???????!!!!!!!!!!

April 23, 2008 at 5:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home